The best thing to warm you up on a bitterly cold night is a magnificent mug of steaming hot chocolate. I make mine by rolling up chocolate ganache into small truffle-like balls, sinking two or three into a mug of warmed milk and then stirring. Dust with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg to really elevate the wintry flavour.
260g dark chocolate
- Place a medium bowl over a simmering pot of water.
- Add cream and heat gently.
- Add chocolate and mix until smooth. Remove bowl from pot.
- Refrigerate chocolate until firm.
- Take teaspoonfuls of chocolate and roll into balls.
- Heat enough milk for 6 cups.
- Fill mugs with just below boiling milk.
- Drop two or three truffles into each mug and stir well.
- Serve immediately.
Time 25 Minutes
ENJOY your hot chocolate!