3 cups almond meal
½ cup coconut flour
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp mixed spice
½ cup honey
½ cup coconut oil (melted)
½ vanilla pod (scraped)
1 cup medjool dates (pitted and chopped)
½ cup pecans (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to a moderate 180 degrees. Line 2 oven trays.
2. In a large bowl, stir almond meal, flour, bicarb soda, salt and spice together.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, honey, oil and vanilla.
4. Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Mix in dates and pecans.
5. Roll tbspns dough into balls and flatten between your palms. Place on tray 2cm apart.
6. Bake for 8 mins until golden – makes about 30 cookies.