One of the recommendations to ease congestion is a good chest rub. For this we cannot recommend Baby & Kids Natural Chest Rub with Eucalyptus and Lavender more highly. This 100% natural Pure Beginnings Chest Rub with eucalyptus & lavender is the perfect addition to your winter medicine cabinet. Free from petroleum and menthol, and with 100% of the ingredients from natural origin, the Pure Beginnings Chest Rub is safe to use on babies as young as 3 months old. Incorporating the powerful healing properties of eucalyptus, tea tree, lavender and frankincense, the Pure Beginnings Chest Rub provides a gentle and effective way to ease congestion.
(We recently shared an article on dealing with congestion in kids – it is a worthwhile read with some good tips! Take a peek, if you have not done so yet … )
BACK TO THE EUCALYPTUS AND LAVENDER RUB – WHY DO WE LOVE IT?
LIKE ALL PURE BEGINNINGS PRODUCTS – IT IS 100% NATURAL WITH ONLY GOOD STUFF IN IT!
yip, NO PETROLEUM!
- Only approved Ecocert ingredients
- Ultra mild surfactant that doesn’t strip the skin
- Pure Beginnings considers the beneficial bacteria on the surface of the skin and work to optimise these by: maintaining the normal pH of the skin (4.5 – 5.5), using mild surfactants, and supplementing with a prebiotic food source that only the beneficial flora can feed on
- Only ingredients that are rapidly biodegradable, ethically sourced and approved by both the Vegan Society and Beauty Without Cruelty are used
IT SMELLS DIVINE – A SUBTLE BLEND OF ALL THESE INGREDIENTS – IMAGINE THE ALCHEMY!
yip, NO OVERPOWERING EUCALYPTUS!
- Eucalyptus – a very popular decongestant and contains powerful anti-bacterial and antibiotic properties. Used for hundreds of years, it is widely accepted as a natural alternative to treat mild respiratory problems such as a cold, cough or bronchitis.
- Lavender – has soothing and calming properties. It is also considered an effective antiseptic and anti-inflammatory.
- Tea Tree Leaf Oil – anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, making it an ideal ingredient to help protect against congestion caused by colds and flu.
- Frankincense – has remarkable rejuvenating and healing qualities. With antiseptic, astringent, anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties, it is the ideal cold-fighting essential oil.
I score it a perfect 10/ 10 as a chest rub for babies and children …
And I so enjoy the feel and fragrance of it, that it has become MY rub of choice for a bedtime foot massage!
REVIEWED by JACQUELINE BALDWIN