As a woman, you have a deep knowing of how to live a life of purpose, a life you deserve. We are who we are today because of our parents, our teachers, our friends and the choices we have made along the way. We are a product of our life experiences, some chosen, others given. No matter what life has dealt you up until now, you have one of most powerful gifts on this planet.
No matter what life has dealt you up until now, you have one of most powerful gifts on this planet. Did you know, that as a woman, you have a deep knowing of how to manifest your dreams and how to live a life of purpose, a life you deserve? This is because your bodily cycles are linked to the greater rhythms of life and the feminine carries a natural understanding of the interconnectedness of life, how all the parts belong together.
Perhaps you don’t think about your connection to the universe much let alone consciously use your inborn talents. Yet, I’m sure you have had moments where you thought, “I just know”… This feeling of ‘knowing’ without seeing is felt when it comes to our children, spouse, other family members, close friends and sometimes even our community at large. Have you ever told a close male of something that was going to happen or be said and you were ‘bah-ed at’, or eyes were rolled. And then it happened and the questions rolled in, “How did you know?”
I believe the mystery of the female knowingness should remain cloaked in wonder and awe, far away from the scalpel of intrigued scientists. Hard proof is necessary in some instances, but when it comes to the wisdom of women, we are blessed to have our deep-seated knowingness that rests in the womb of creation.
In celebration of your femininity, I invite you to cultivate the innate sapience that lies within you. As with a budding flower, when it is nourished, loved and cared for it can blossom into the most vibrant of colours. Below is an exercise you can use to centre yourself and honour yourself as a woman.
‘Celebrating My Divine Life’ exercise:
- Sitting in a comfortable position with feet firmly placed on the ground and back straight, spend 1 minute scanning over the different areas of your body, acknowledging, without judging, how each part feels. Do this with eyes closed or staring at one spot straight ahead, eyes half closed.
- Eyes closed, focus on your breath as it goes in and out. Then spend 1 minute breathing into the different areas of your body, relaxing them.
- Again, focus on each part of your body one at a time. As you bring your attention onto an area quietly say, “Thank you” and honour each area for what it does for you.
- Finally, focus your attention on your heart area and spend 1 minute quietly repeating “Thank you for my life, I celebrate my femininity”.
- Remain quiet for another minute as you feel the celebration tingle throughout your body. Slowly, open your eyes and smile. Smile with your mouth, your eyes and your heart. Now, take this smile with you throughout your day and in your life. Share it with others and share it with yourself.
By Helen Hansen