Okay so technically, this isn’t a ‘healthy’ drink as it is a cocktail containing alcohol, but it is delicious! And everything in moderation, or so the saying goes! If, like Grace, you love soaking up the long summer days but prefer the cooler embrace of the evening for your picnic, this is the perfect rum cocktail for you. Using the floral and herbed notes from the garden gives the perfect balance between sweet and strong – not to mention it is far more refreshing on a sweltering summer’s eve. This sparkly botanical rum cocktail is worth breaking the rules for!
- 45ml Rum
- 250ml berry juice
- 15ml Chambord (or any raspberry liqueur)
- 100ml sparkling lemonade
- 120g frozen strawberries
- handful of ice cubes
- 90g fresh raspberries
- a few sprigs of thyme
1. Mix the rum, berry juice, Chambord and sparkling lemonade in a chilled jug and set aside.
2. In a blender, place the ice and the frozen berries and blend for a short few bursts. Don’t allow the fruit to get too small.
3. Half fill two glasses with the frozen berries.
4. Fill the glass with the cocktail, top off with raspberries and a sprig of thyme.
5. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy Grace Stevens