- 400g packet ready-made puff pastry
- a little milk
- 200g cream cheese
- juice and zest of ½ a lemon
- 2tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 250g hot smoked salmon or trout
- 2tsp wholegrain mustard
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 50g wild rocket
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Unwrap the pastry, trim the edges, cut into 6 equal portions and transfer to a non-stick baking tray. Lightly brush with milk and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and press down lightly to deflate.
- Mix the cream cheese with the lemon juice, zest and dill. Season with salt and black pepper. Spread the cheese mixture over the pastry and top with hot smoked salmon or trout. Pop back in the oven to heat through for 5 minutes just before serving.
- Mix the mustard with the lemon juice and olive oil, and toss in the rocket leaves. To serve, put a handful of rocket on top of each salmon tart.
Courtesy of www.essentials.co.za