• 1 tablespoon macadamia oil or olive oil
• 1 tablespoon butter
• ¼ cup (30 g) raw macadamia nuts, some halved and some left whole
• ¼ teaspoon thinly sliced red chilli, or add to taste
• 150 g whole green beans, topped
• salt to taste
• white pepper to taste
• 2 – 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• extra macadamia oil or olive oil for serving
1. Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan. Add the macadamias to the pan and fry until golden flecks appear. Add the chilli just a few seconds before the macadamias are ready. Remove the nuts and chilli from the pan, retaining the butter and oil in the pan.
2. Add the green beans to the pan and quickly stir-fry. They should still be crisp. Season with salt and white pepper. Transfer to a serving dish, together with the oil and butter in the pan.
3. Spoon the macadamias and chilli over the beans. Liberally sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately with extra oil on the side.
Courtesy of the Sugar Free Revolution