Expand a Sign CE, Don Bailey, recently launched the Uzwelo Bags initiative that sees thousands of meters of their waste textile fabric donated to teams of sewers from underprivileged backgrounds to make unique and truly South African bags (laptop bags, luggage suitcase covers, school backpacks, shopper bags etc.). These sewing teams are able to earn a living that puts food on the table for their families, funds education and provides dignity and upliftment for their communities on a long-term basis. Visit Uzwelo Bags for more information.
- What are you most passionate about? Aviation and the environment
- What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken? Given up a career to become a professional pilot
- What makes you angry? Litter
- If you inherited an acre of land what would you do with it? Grow food. I also love cows!
- Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer? Hunter
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? No idea. Do slops count as shoes?
- If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us? Roast Chicken
- How would people communicate in a perfect world? Face to face by talking to each other
- What do you work toward in your free time? Peace and quiet with the family
- If you woke up and had 300 unread emails and could only answer 30 of them, how would you choose which ones to answer? Family and friends first
- Name 3 thing in nature you find most beautiful. Mountain ranges, deserts and ocean
- Have you used plastic bags for your shopping in the last two weeks? Yes. (Sorry it was an emergency!)
- What would you say are some small steps that people can take to improve their relationship to the environment? Stop littering, do something to improve the environment (small steps help), talk to our children today about caring for our environment and stop and take a deep breath and appreciate what we have
Read more about Uzwelo – unique, stylish, and functional bags!