Zaria tested green rooibos tea on several diabetic dogs, including her pet dog, Jessie, as part of a school science project, which led to some extraordinary findings! Since Jessie (9) was diagnosed with diabetes in 2015, her energy levels had been low and she preferred to sleep her days away rather than to play. One afternoon, following a radio interview she had heard about the benefits that rooibos could offer diabetics, Zaria decided that she wanted to test rooibos tea on Jessie, and that this would make the perfect topic for her school science project. During the research period, Jessie and the other volunteer dogs continued with their diabetic medication as prescribed by the vet in order to assess the impact that the one variable factor – being rooibos – would have on the dogs. After about four weeks of rooibos supplementation, Jessie responded so well that Zaria was able to reduce her dose of insulin treatment down to 10 units twice a day, which was the lowest dose ever been given to her since being diagnosed a year earlier. Click HERE for the full story …..
- What are you most passionate about?
- What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
Eating Pepperoni Pizza!!!!!!
(Mom’s comment – she is always Dad’s crash test dummy for the zipline or abseiling or whatever crazy idea he comes up with. She is very cautious but adventurous at the same time.)
- What makes you angry?
People abusing and hunting animals for no good reason!
- If you inherited an acre of land what would you do with it?
Let it get overgrown and have lots of dog kennels hidden in the bushes and trees and have a safe adventure place where the dogs can explore! I would build a log cabin for myself so I can live with the doggies.
- Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?
Fondue! And Chocolate fondue for pudding with homemade ice-cream.
I would also have Pepperoni Pizza as backup!!
- How would people communicate in a perfect world?
Face to face.
- What do you work toward in your free time?
I don’t have much free time due to sport and homework! Swimming with my mermaid tail! Watching creative You Tube videos and then trying to make different things (like mermaid tails!).
Gymnastics and learning to do flips on the trampoline.
- If you woke up and had 300 unread emails and could only answer 30 of them, how would you choose which ones to answer?
Would see which are the most important.
- Name 3 thing in nature you find most beautiful.
Water (big expanses of water like the sea, lakes, rivers, waterfalls etc.) animals, mountains.
- Have you used plastic bags for your shopping in the last two weeks?
I don’t do the shopping, but my Mom has used plastic bags.
- What would you say are some small steps that people can take to improve their relationship to the environment?
Take shorter showers, recycle, be mindful of the environment.