“So, here I am, sole proprietor of Bee Natural established 2005, mother of 4 girls, and happily married for almost 30 years!”
- What are you most passionate about?
My passions embrace many facets of my life – family, spirituality, creating a space on this messed up earth which will leave a heritage and blessing for the future.
- What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
Maybe not the biggest risk as such, but the biggest heart rendering task (involving huge financial risks) has been to bring closure to my late father’s murder case.
- What makes you angry?
Lies, deceit, plagiarism, living a double life, bloodshed, rape, no regard for our planet, land which is wasted.
- If you inherited an acre of land what would you do with it?
We are so privileged to own more than an acre of land, and for the last fourteen years I have slowly turned a barren piece of ground into a beautiful park, re-establishing balance and an eco-system, and in the same breath making the land profitable for future generations.
- Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?
I am not sure what that means.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
3 – all Hush Puppies. How many shoes can you wear in a day?
- If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?
Having a big family I am used to filling up our big 20 seater outside and dining room table on the weekends especially – you would definitely get my home made pizza bread or flat bread with home grown rosemary and olives and feta cheese and coarse salt; you would definitely get a massive salad and pending on time and mood, a stew which has been slow cooked for 10 hours overnight served with fresh potatoes rolled in fresh parsley.
- How would people communicate in a perfect world?
With kindness, love and understanding.
- What do you work toward in your free time?
Establishing my micro olive farm; preaching the good news (yes, I am a Jehovah’s Witness!).
- If you woke up and had 300 unread emails and could only answer 30 of them, how would you choose which ones to answer?
Economics and cash flow dictate – orders first.
- Name 3 thing in nature you find most beautiful.
Nah, 3 is too little, the list is endless!
- Have you used plastic bags for your shopping in the last two weeks?
You must be joking!
- What would you say are some small steps that people can take to improve their relationship to the environment?
My whole ethos in life revolves around “give back” – it breaks my heart to see massive developments for low income housing with not a tree being planted. It does not matter if you only have a small balcony, a small townhouse garden, or even just a flat window sill – the smallest shrub, or tree potted up or out in the garden, with a small birdfeeder attached to it, and a small basin of water re-establishes a micro eco-system for birds and bees and other insects; it is so very very easy to recycle, to think twice about where your used gadgetry lands up, to read a label and to buy eco-friendly products. The list of easy things to do is endless – one just needs the right mind-set and a sense of accountability on a higher level.