Mimi Rupp is the founder of Stone etc. and specialises in hard landscaping for projects throughout the Eastern Cape. Whether it be producing detailed designs and strategies, implementing designs for homes or commercial properties, her commitment to premium quality landscaping and complete customer satisfaction produces first class results – every time.
Mimi’s approach to landscaping is reduce, repurpose and recycle. Reduce water consumption using water wise planting; repurpose existing assets; make investments which complement existing decor to achieve the client’s desired result.
- What are you most passionate about?
I am most passionate about the beauty of nature
- What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
Building a house
- What makes you angry?
Waste and destruction, especially in nature
- If you inherited an acre of land what would you do with it?
Depends where it is situated …. Receiving a piece of land comes with a huge responsibility, so I wouldn’t rush into anything immediately. In time the purpose will come to me.
- Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?
I’d say I am a gatherer. But as I do eat meat I would have to hunt as well.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?
A wholesome home cooked meal with meat, vegetables and salads. And a yummy dessert. Comfort food.
- How would people communicate in a perfect world?
With patience and care, treating everyone with respect.
- What do you work toward in your free time?
I like spending quiet time, reading, learning, gardening or in nature, and attempt at finding balance in my life.
- If you woke up and had 300 unread emails and could only answer 30 of them, how would you choose which ones to answer?
The emails that were tagged as ‘High Importance’ and the ones that I know the sender or am in conversation with via email.
- Name 3 things in nature you find most beautiful.
Impossible to choose three. I love nature. The sound, smell and feel are probably the common denominator irrespective of where I am.
- Have you used plastic bags for your shopping in the last two weeks?
Yes, I have. I re-use my shopping bags.
- What would you say are some small steps that people can take to improve their relationship to the environment?
Respect the environment. Appreciate what we have around us. Use less water. Don’t use and abuse. If you start paying attention to the magic of our environment and the magic of creation you will really start living more in tune to nature and gain respect for what we are surrounded with.