Cliff has created an urban farm in his own backyard, using permaculture methods, in the Northern suburbs of Johannesburg. Driven by his love of growing food and deep desire to create sustainable urban farms for communities, he began the non-profit company called Let It Grow Foundation. He currently runs several sites where they help communities learn to grow food the permaculture and agroecology way. He is more than a Green Star – he is a Green Warrior.
- What are you most passionate about?
Growing and teaching how to grow nutrient dense vegetables in urban areas
- What makes you angry?
- If you inherited an acre of land what would you do with it?
- Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?
More of a grower
- If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?
At the moment – Butternut, Israeli spinach with onion and garlic, Sicilian violet cauliflower and broccoli. All picked fresh from my urban veggie farm
- How would people communicate in a perfect world?
If people could show each other what they mean that would be great.
- What do you work toward in your free time?
No free time but I work towards a better tomorrow, today.
- If you woke up and had 300 unread emails and could only answer 30 of them, how would you choose which ones to answer
Delete them all and see who emails again
- Name 3 thing in nature you find most beautiful.
Sunsets / sunrises / waterfalls / flowering plants / mountains
- Have you used plastic bags for your shopping in the last two weeks?
- What would you say are some small steps that people can take to improve their relationship to the environment?
Put plastic in its place.