- 1 can (425g) of white beans, drained
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- 4 cups (900g) fresh rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup (115g) firmly packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (115ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (225g) diced red onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 cup (225g) thinly sliced, peeled carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup (225g) thinly sliced celery stalks (or about 2 medium celery sticks)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (chilli flakes)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped, fresh, flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- In a large sauté pan over high heat, combine the oil, onion, and salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic, rosemary, and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add 1/4 cup (60ml) of water and cover the pan. Cook over high heat until the vegetables are just crisp-tender (about 2 minutes). Uncover the pan and turn off the heat.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, and vinegar, and season with salt to taste.
- Toss the beans with the arugula and serve garnished with the chopped parsley.
Recipe Courtesy 0f Green Monday SA