Previous Ironman Africa Champion and plant-based athlete, Kyle Buckingham, is challenging South Africa to go veggie this festive season with a few simple swaps. Together with Fry’s, Kyle has put together some easy veggie meals you can try out on the family. This Roast Sweet Potato Salad is delectable as a side – or enjoy it as a main meal!
Ingredients for Roast Sweet Potato Salad
1 box Fry’s chicken style strips
2 sweet potatoes
2 tbspns olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper
¾ tbspn sweet chilli sauce
1 handful cherry tomatoes
3 tbspns balsamic vinegar
2 handfuls fresh rocket
1 tbspn oil
- Dice sweet potato and butternut, toss in olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast in oven at 180°c for 30 minutes.
2. After 20 minutes, spoon over sweet chilli sauce.
3. Toss the cherry tomatoes in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. In a pan, on high heat, lightly fry the strips in oil.
5. Toss all the ingredients together, add rocket and serve. Garnish with toasted seeds.
ROAST SWEET POTATO SALAD – ENJOY!