An early wake-up call, by choice, wrapped in autumn layers, a snug blanket to stave off the chill of daybreak on a game drive, a hot cuppa, perhaps with a dash of delicious Amarula, the call of the wild in the scented breeze one only finds in the bush on a winter safari …
That is how an early morning safari starts at eco-friendly, malaria-free Tau Game Lodge in the magnificent Madikwe Reserve, only hours from Johannesburg, South Africa.
During the cooler months, visibility of game becomes even more prolific as the scorching sun no longer deters big and small game from strutting, playing or simply lazing about throughout the day.
Evenings make for lively discussions around a large fire whilst dining on delicious, hearty cuisine. Tau is about authenticity and understated luxury, and has become the preferred safari destination for South Africans and international visitors over the years (just pop on to TripAdvisor to see some of the heartening comments from recent visitors!).
Sundowners in the bush before a magical dinner, listening to a lion’s roar and elephant’s trumpet, or the bark of an African wild dog, or jackal – these are just part of the magic of Tau – The Place of the Lion.
The five-star family-friendly lodge is enclosed within the reserve, resulting in guests being subtly fenced in, while game (including several crocodiles!) roam free. This is also a birder’s paradise.
Just in need of quiet reflection in one’s room or on the main hospitality deck? No problem. Relax with a tipple and watch the waterhole, which envelops the room and lodge decks, where game roam wild and free. A wildlife photographer’s haven.
The Autumn and Winter 2021 package @R16,000 per couple, valid until end June 2021, includes:
- Accommodation for 2 nights in one of the 12 newly renovated Luxury Standard Chalets as an introductory offer
- 3 meals per day
- 2 game drives per day
- Drinks and snacks on safari drives
- Tau Spa Oasis African Foot Ritual (30 minutes) per adult: Allow your feet to be pampered by our therapists in a soothing footbath to drain away tiredness. Next your feet are pummelled and massaged with an aroma-therapeutic based scrub to remove all dead skin followed by a true African warming foot massage.
This rate is exclusive of the following:
- Park Entrance fees of R180.00 per person (Subject to change)
- Tourism Levy of R10.00 per person per night (Subject to change)
- Bar, Mini Bar, Laundry and all other extras
- Rhino Conservation Levy of R165.00 per adult per night
To book this special package, please quote: TAU Autumn 2021
The highly addictive Tau live webcam will keep you mesmerised.
Tau Game Lodge opened its 5-star safari doors in 1995 and offers 30 rooms, from newly renovated Luxury Standard & rustic Standard Chalets, to Family Suites. Family-friendly, with a Tau Cubz Club for children, the Tau Spa Oasis, and a Conference & Events Centre. Eco-friendly. Malaria-free. Covid-19 regulations apply to keep guests safe.