- 1 box FRY’S CHUNKY STRIPS
- 2 Medium aubergines
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 400g Cherry tomatoes
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1/3 cup Mint, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
Coffee and chilli marinade for Chunky Strips
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp Instant coffee powder
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- a little boiling water
- Prepare YOUR BRAAI.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the aubergines into pieces and arrange in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Pour in water until it reaches two-thirds of the way up the sides of the pieces, bake at 180°C for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sauté the aubergine in olive oil in a non-stick frying pan until golden brown.
- Remove the aubergine from the pan, add the tomatoes to the pan with a little olive oil and the cumin. Sauté the tomatoes until just soft and the skin begins to blister.
- Mix the tomatoes with the aubergines and add mint and parsley leaves.
- To marinade the strips, mix the coffee powder, fresh chilli, chilli flakes and cooking oil together. Add a little boiling water and mix until coffee is dissolved.
- Marinade the Fry’s Strips in the mixture for 10 minutes. Thread the strips onto wooden skewers and braai for 5 min or until cooked through.
- Combine dressing ingredients; toss through salad and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Green Monday SA