- 4 baby beetroot (cooked and peeled)
- 30ml blue cheese (optional)
- 1 Small brinjal (sliced and salted)
- ½ packet cubed butternut
- 20 dukkah (for sprinkling)
- fresh basil leaves (to garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- olive oil
- 1 Roll ready-made puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 red onion (cut into wedges)
- 1 Small red pepper
- 1 Small yellow pepper
Cut the vegetables into small pieces and spread out on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir the onion and garlic in and then roast in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until just tender. Stir once during cooking. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
Grease a pie dish and spoon in the vegetables. Add the cheese, if using, and then place the pastry on top of the filling. Press down lightly and tuck the pastry in on the sides. Bake in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes. Invert carefully onto a wooden board. Neaten and spoon any vegetables stuck in the tin back onto the pie. Garnish with basil and sprinkle with dukkah.