You have the power to embrace a sustainable future – one green meal at a time!
This delicious fresh pasta is moreish!
For the basil pesto
- 100 grams basil
- 4 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 180 ml olive oil
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
For the pasta
- 800 grams penne pasta
- 250 grams onions, peeled and chopped
- 4 teaspoons garlic
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- Crushed chilli to taste
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes
- 240 grams red pepper, sliced and halved
- 300 grams fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 grams mixed herbs
- 300 grams spinach, shredded
- 100 grams pitted olives
- Cook the penne pasta according to instructions, drain and put aside. Drizzle some olive oil over the pasta to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Make the pesto: Blend together the basil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, nutritional yeast.
- Make the pasta: Fry the onion in a pan in oil for a minute then add spices, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, and mushrooms and fry for a few minutes.
- Now add the chopped spinach.
- When the spinach becomes bright green, switch off the heat and olives.
- Now add this mixture and the pesto with the pasta and mix together.
Recipe courtesy of Leozette Roode