- 10 sweet potatoes
- 2 cans red kidney beans
- 350g frozen corn
- 340g shredded cabbage
- 200g grated carrot
- 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
- 200 grams chopped tomatoes
- 400ml coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ginger spice
- 80 grams fresh coriander
- 60ml lemon juice
- 500 grams brown rice
- Cook the brown rice and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. After washing and drying the sweet potatoes, pierce them each with a knife a couple of times.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and put in the oven at 200 C. Let them bake until soft inside, about 45min. A knife should pierce through easily all the way through the sweet potato.
- Put all the contents of the coconut milk in the food processor along with lemon juice. Once mixed it will become a cream. If it is too thick to mix into a cream (depends on the brand of coconut milk) then add a little bit of water so that it becomes a creamy dressing.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the rice, spices and crushed chillies. Stir the rice around so that all the rice gets coated in oil.
- Now add the cabbage and grated carrot. If the rice starts to stick to the pan add more oil.
- Now add the red kidney beans and the corn and mix in.
- Last add the tomatoes to the rice mixture.
- Now that you’ve made the rice mixture, turn off the heat.
- Cut a slit down the centre of the sweet potatoes lengthways.
- Stuff them with the rice mixture.
- Pour the cream over the sweet potato and top with coriander.
Recipe courtesy of Green Monday SA