- 2 cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons flour
- fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2-3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- drizzle honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 cup milk
- 60ml oil
- 1 Large onion (finely chopped)
- sea salt
- 2 sweet apples (peeled and diced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 250g white mushrooms (wiped and sliced)
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wide saucepan, add the onion and garlic, and when softening, add the spices. Sizzle gently until fragrant, then add the mushrooms and apples, and toss until golden. If mixture seems dry, add a splosh of water.
Sprinkle in the flour, and when absorbed, stir in the milk. Then add the remaining ingredients except masala and coriander leaves.
Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring once or twice. It’s ready when the vegetable are cooked and the sauce creamily thickened. Stir in garam masala, garnish and serve.