- 3 tablespoons (45ml) oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g ginger, finely grated
- 2 green birds eye chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Dash of steak and chops seasoning
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) mild curry powder
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 5 large carrots, (unpeeled but scrubbed and topped and tailed), grated
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) tomato purée
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can baked beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep pot over a medium heat, add the oil and fry the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilies and stir fry until fragrant.
- Add the curry powder and steak and chops spice and stir to combine.
- Add the peppers and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the grated carrots and stir to make sure they are well combined.
- Add in the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until the mixture is well combined and slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the baked beans.
- Serve hot or cold.
Article courtesy of Green Monday SA