- 1 onion diced
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 500g linguine
- 100ml white wine
- 3 tbsp basil pesto
- 300g cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 60g parmesan cheese grated
- 30g rocket
- salt & pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of rapidly boiling water.
2. The pasta should take between 4 and 8 mins depending on the type of pasta you are using.
3. In the meantime, place a large frying pan on medium high heat with half the oil.
4. Add the onions and sauté for about 2 min before adding the garlic.
5. Fry for a further 1 min before pouring in the wine, tomato and pesto.
6. Allow the wine to reduce by half before adding the cooked pasta.
7. Pour in the remaining oil and reduce the heat to low.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. To plate, divide the pasta into pasta bowls.
10. Sprinkle with the cheese before layering with the fresh rocket.
Recipe courtesy Theo Mannie from Granny Mouse Country House and Spa
And for dessert, try Theo’s sensational Thyme Infused Panna cotta!