- 50g button mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 can four bean mix (drained and rinsed)
- 150g long grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 shallots (finely sliced)
- 1 cup tasty cheese (grated)
- 8 Large tomatoes
- 250ml water
Preheat oven to 160°C. In a saucepan over high heat bring rice and water to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and stand, covered for 5-10 mins.
Cut tops off tomatoes. Gently scoop pulp out of tomatoes into a bowl. Mash pulp with a fork. Combine cooked rice, tomato pulp, shallots, ½ cup grated cheese, four bean mix, mushrooms and parsley.
Divide mixture into tomatoes, top with remaining grated cheese. Place tomatoes into ovenproof dish with enough hot water to come 1cm up the side of tomatoes.
Bake uncovered for 30 mins, until cheese is melted and tomatoes have softened. Serve with green salad.